Grace Episcopal Church Of Virginia Donation Review from Beckley, West Virginia

The rector apparently instructed staff to misuse memorial donations given in memory of my family members, to ostracize me and family members, to prevent our names from appearing in the church bulletin (even when I was in the hospital), to remove our names from church records, to interfere with our church email, and to interfere with our ability to participate in the life of the parish.

After a number of unsuccessful requests for our money back, we asked the Fairfax County Office of Consumer Protection for help. We got our money back, with a non-apology from Amy Medrick, the parish administrator, saying that the money had been "misclassified." But it never was "misclassified;" it was solicited for one purpose, and used for another purpose.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 07 #1223747 Clay, West Virginia

For what it's worth, you are legitimately upset. Misuse of church funds is a serious issue and you are right to expect that your donations will be treated with respect. Ignore those who make it out to be your fault, or try to defend Bob's behavior. It is their loss to follow Bob down this path.
I know Bob Malm well and can tell you it is far from the first time this has happened. Small comfort, I know. Just keep in mind for every Bob Malm out there, there are many more priests who genuinely love God and their fellow man.
God's peace to you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Grace Episcopal Church Of Virginia. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Grace Episcopal Church Of Virginia.
Filing a new complaint about